Information on COVID-19 for Course Participants
We will at all stages comply with regulations concerning Covid-19 for educational providers
We are training with the following adjustments.
Due to the current COVID-19 epidemic, training, and assessment methods have been adjusted to include the completion of pre-course E- learning for all courses. We prefer not to issue paper-based assessments. This may reduce the in-class time.
Recent Updates Covid-19 NSW
On arrival at training you will be asked a series of health related questions, and we will perform a temperature check as recommended by NSW health
Latest Information from the NSW Government on Covid-19 and Face-to-face training
Important pre-booking information
Students must adhere to any government mandated regulations, including the wearing of masks if so mandated. No exceptions will be made on the day of your training. If you are unable to wear a mask for any reason, please discuss your options with the office before booking or attending training.
A temperature check will be performed on arrival at any face-to-face training. Any person with a temperature of 37.5 degrees or higher will not be admitted to face-to-face training.
Please do not book or attend training with us if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
A full and current list of symptoms is available from the NSW government website here
Please do not book or attend training if you have been in the listed hotspots and are required to self-isolate or need to self-isolate for any other reason. A current list of Hotspots is available here.
A full range of modifications, adaptations, and requirements for practical training with us are available on our website here
To reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the virus and to protect participants and staff, the following measured have been implemented;
- We will not allow any person with flu-like symptoms to attend training. If you arrive ill, you will be asked to leave and reschedule when you are well.
- We ask students to follow all current government advice and encourage the use of the government’s Covid-19 app
- We will take a temperature check and ask you to wash your hands on arrival
- We have provided hand sanitiser to all training locations
- We are encouraging participants and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water while at training
- We are encouraging participants and staff to cough or sneeze into the bend of their arm and avoid touching their face
- Social distancing from others will be a part of training with us, remember it at all times
- We may ask you to take participate in handwashing and other disinfecting processes throughout the course
- Course numbers have been reduced
Our training equipment management
- We ask that you do not bring unnecessary personal equipment into the training facility
- We have removed all lungs from CPR manikins
- You will not be asked to breathe into a CPR manikin. You can simulate the correct technique, including showing the amount of air you would breathe, but you do not need to breathe in the manikin.
- We use alcohol-based cleaner to clean the face and chest of every manikin.
- We ask participants to wear disposable gloves when performing CPR and when performing first aid skills
- We clean all equipment with alcohol cleaner during and following class
- We provide new pens and notepads and encourage participants to take these with them following training
If you or anyone you know is feeling unwell, as always, please seek your doctor’s advice. If you are concerned, call the Coronavirus Health Information line 1800 020 080 for instructions on what to do. Please call Triple Zero (000) in an emergency.
Remember to seek update advice from state and federal government sites and from Safe Work Australia
Information on COVID-19 CPR by the Australian Resuscitation Council