Information on COVID-19 for Course Participants
We will at all stages comply with regulations concerning COVID – 19 for educational providers
We are training with the following adjustments.
Due to the current COVID-19 epidemic, training and assessment methods have been adjusted to include the completion of pre-course E- learning for all courses. We prefer not to issue paper based assessments.This may reduce the in-class time.
Recent Updates COVID -19 NSW
On arrival at training you will be asked a series of health related questions and we will perform a temperature check as recommended by NSW health
Have you had any Symptoms of COVID-19
Symptoms of COVID-19 include
- fever (37.5 ° or higher)
- sore/scratchy throat
- shortness of breath
- loss of smell or
- loss of taste.
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include
- runny nose
- muscle pain
- joint pain
- nausea/vomiting or
- loss of appetite.
In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress.
Latest pdates on this are available here
The latest information on hotspots requiring 14 Days self isolation and immediate testing are here
To reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the virus and to protect participants and staff, the following measured have been implemented;
- We will not allow any person with flu-like symptoms to attend training. If you arrive ill you will be asked to leave and reschedule when you are well.
- We ask student to follow all current government advice and encourage the use of the governments COVID app
- We will take a temperature check and ask you to wash your hands on arrival
- We have provided hand sanitiser to all training locations
- We are encouraging participants and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water while at training
- We are encouraging participants and staff to cough or sneeze into the bend of their arm and avoid touching their face
- Social distancing from others will be a part of training with us, remember it at all times
- We may ask you to take participate in hand washing and other disinfecting processes throughout the course
- Course numbers have been reduced
- Your equipment is only used by you
Our training equipment management
- We ask that you do not bring unnecessary personal equipment into the training facility
- We have removed all lungs from CPR manikins
- You will not be asked to breath into a CPR manikin. You will be asked to demonstrate the correct technique including showing the amount of air you would breath, but you do not need to breath in to the manikin
- We use alcohol-based cleaner to clean the face and chest of every manikin.
- We ask participants to wear disposable gloves when performing CPR and when performing first aid skills
- We clean all equipment with alcohol cleaner during and following class
- We provide new pens and notepads and encourage participants to take these with them following training
If you or anyone you know is feeling unwell, as always, please seek your doctor’s advice. If you are concerned, call the Corona virus Health Information line 1800 020 080 for instructions on what to do. Please call Triple Zero (000) in an emergency.
Remember to seek update advice from state and federal government sites and from Safe Work Australia
Feeling nervous about attending a course just yet?
COVID -19 Option
Online Advanced Resuscitation - Online Low Voltage Rescue Online Pocket Mask - Online Stop the Bleeding Courses
Peak bodies like ACEQA and the Australian Skills Authority are now recommending adaptive practices like start your theory learning online now while you isolate, complete your practical training later when it is safer for all of us.
So we have set up a blended learning option where you can complete your online theory components and catch up on the practical at a date to be set.
We have now made pocket mask training and our stop the bleed training in bleeding control totally online.
Click on the course links below for more information