100% Online Training FAQ


How do I return my equipment?

Equipment we supply you for training online is not returnable to us for health and safety reasons. It is yours to keep for the next time you need to do a refresher course with us

Will I be supplied with all the equipment needed?

You will be notified of the cost of any associated training equipment required for online training. It can vary from course to course. Many units have learning materials supplied. For our Certificate IV and Diploma programs, textbooks will be required.

Are there breaks during the course?

Yes, there are appropriate  breaks spread throughout the course.


Is the course the same as you run face to face? Is it accredited/the same certificate?

As a registered training Organisation RTO45284 We can deliver nationally accredited training. We can use a variety of training delivery options which you can read more about here, and you will receive the same certificate that you would from attending a face-to-face training session. Please note that the training will be slightly different in the online format compared to our face-to-face training, however, our trainers’ aim is to make the course as engaging and interesting as possible.

How long after the course will I receive my certificate?

Usually, our certificates are issued upon satisfactory completion of training and assessment after your course provided payment of any fees and charges has been made. RTOs have 30 days following a course to issue certificates. You can apply to have your certificate delivered earlier if needed. Our student management system can generate certificates immediately all assessment tasks are completed satisfactory, a valid USI number has been provided and payment has been made.

How do I get the Zoom link?

A Zoom link will be emailed to you before any training requiring it. The link will prompt you to download Zoom if you don’t already have it installed.

What areas will you deliver to?

Equipment is delivered by Australia Post.

Can I complete the course at any time I want?

First aid and CPR type courses have a practical course day set on enrolment. You will be completing the course in real-time with the trainer and other students, so you must attend at the correct time. For 100% online training it is all self paced.

Is the training interactive?

Yes. You will interact with the trainer and other participants during the course. You will need to have a working camera and microphone on your device.

Can I complete the course on my phone or does it need to be a computer?

You will be able to complete the course using any device as long as it has a camera and you are able to set it up so that the trainer can see you.

When can I pick up/drop back the equipment?

You can pick it up the day before the course and drop it back the day after from one of our offices. If your course is on a Friday, you will need to drop it back the following Monday.

If I select the Australia Post delivery option, when will the equipment be delivered?

Up to 7 days before your course date.

What do I need to complete this course?

A working camera and microphone and access to Zoom. In some courses video evidence may need to be provided

General Course Info




Do I need a refresher course or a full course in First aid or CPR?

Refresher training is a term used by some first aid companies as a marketing tool. There has only ever been one nationally recognised training course in first aid in Australia. So at the completion of your training with us, you would receive the Statement of Attainment (SOA) or as it is called a certificate in First Aid. The term refresher is often used as a marketing term to get you to return to training with a training provider within a certain time frame. Either way, if you are new to first aid, refreshing your skills and knowledge in first aid regardless of whether you have a current first aid qualification or not, there is only one national qualification in first aid and it is what we deliver- Provide First Aid. This course includes a CPR certification HLTAID001 Provide CPR as part of the first aid course.

Our recommendations follow the Safework NSW Code of Practice – First Aid In The Workplace 2020 guidelines which states;

“First aiders should attend training on a regular basis to refresh their first aid knowledge and skills and to confirm their competence to provide first aid. Refresher training in CPR should be carried out annually and first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years”.

The most current recommendations can be found here

Book a course here

How long is a first aid certificate vaild?

We recommend a first aid refresher every three years to keep your skills up to date. View the full list of First Aid courses here or see our general First Aid refresher course here. How long is a first aid certificate valid for? Your first aid course is valid for three years. All training organisations like St John Red Cross and Royal lifesaving are the same. We all adhere to the workcover recommendations

How long is a CPR certificate vaild?

We recommend a CPR refresher every year to keep your skills up to date. View the full list of CPR Courses here or see our general CPR refresher course here. How long is a CPR certificate valid for? Your CPR course is valid for 1 year. All training organisations like St John Red Cross and Royal lifesaving are the same. We all adhere to the workcover recommendations

Are your courses "Workcover" approved?

Yes, all courses with the national course codes are WorkCover approved. HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Course HLTAID001Provide CPR  HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting and  UETTDRRF06B Rescue form a live LV panel are all nationally accredited WorkCover approved qualifications.

Where can a student with IPC find out more information?

The student handbook can provide you with more information. It is available in the footer of this website.

Do you cancel courses?

No, courses run on the day they are advertised. We do not, like some training organisations cancel courses because it is not profitable for us. We take the view that you have given up and allocated your time and we should do the same.  We have backup staff in the case of illness and given we are not all struck down at the same time you should expect your course to go ahead as scheduled.

Do you sell AED's first aid kits and equipment?

Yes, we have an online store where you can purchase AEDs and the great equipment you used in your training with us. Have a look at International Paramedic Colleges online shopping store here.


Can I get CPD points for my training with you?

Yes, as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45284) our courses are accredited and governing bodies will allocate points to accredited training delivered by an RTO. You will need to discuss any points or hours allocation with your accrediting body.

What is RPL and where can i find out more information about RPL?

In accordance with the requirements of the NVR Standards and NSW Recognition Framework, International Paramedic College provides the opportunity for students to apply for recognition of prior learning or RPL as it is commonly called.

While it is possible to apply for RPL it is hardly practical for short courses like first aid/CPR etc. The application time spent and the costs associated would not reflect the cost/time of the course. RPL for short courses is possible but in our view is not a very practical option.

More Information about RPL, how to apply, costs etc are available from the link in the footer of this website or by clicking here

What Is A USI (Unique Student Identifier) and why do I need one?

From 1 January 2015 all students that undertake nationally recognised training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) will need to provide the training provider with their Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.

A small number of exemptions from the USI initiative are provided for in the National Vet Data Policy. Where an exemption applies, training organisations will be able to issue Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications or statements of attainment to students who do not have a USI.

If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment. If you don’t have a USI you will not receive your qualification or statement of attainment.

The USI number gives students access to their online USI account which is made up of ten numbers and letters. It will look something like this: 3AW88YH9U5.

It is a relatively painless process to apply. You will need a form of ID and you can apply for a USI number or check your USI number at the Australian Government website http://www.usi.gov.au

If you are an international student studying offshore and do not intend on coming to Australia to do your study you do not need a USI. However, if you are an Australian expat or resident student studying offshore with an Australian training organisation, you will need a USI.

If you are an International student who will be studying in Australia you will require a USI. All international students in Australia will have been issued with an Australian Visa. Once you have arrived in Australia your visa will be activated and you will be able to apply for a USI.

Individual exemptions

Individuals who have a genuine personal objection to being assigned a USI will be able to apply for an exemption to the Student Identifiers Registrar.

You can access their USI account online from a computer, tablet or smartphone anywhere and anytime. You can get more information about how to get a USI number from our website here

Why is the course i completed not on the USI transcript service yet?
The USI transcript service is provided by the Australian Government not by International Paramedic College.
They ask us to provide student information to them once a year. We provide that information each January as required.
Please read the information they provide on their site titled “When will my training appear”.
Do you conduct onsite training for any large organisation?

Yes, we do contact us for a quote for on-site training for groups. However, for small groups, it is often better to join one of our weekly public courses.

I’m joining the NSW Police service and need pocket mask training?

Yes, we can do Pocket Mask training online which does not require attendance at a course or as part of our CPR or first aid courses. Click here to enrol.

Your prices for first aid training seem cheap Why?

To be honest, there are cheaper like everything in life if you hunt around long enough you will find someone cheaper but in the end, we think of it like this. If we just took your money and didn’t give you anything for it, then when you need real skills in an emergency such as with your family or friends and you don’t know what to do, we have not done our job well. We believe you can have competence and confidence, not just compliance and we do that at comparable prices.

We get a lot of people saying nice things about our courses and you can read that here or on Google or Facebook.

Price is what you pay and value is what you get and in the finish, I was born and raised in this area so I want to walk through the supermarket and not have to dodge someone. That is why you give quality at the best price and of course, you sleep better at night.

I can’t find my certificate Can I get a new one?

Check your email and spam mail first and contact us. We can provide another emailed or hard copy of your certificate. You can order and pay for replacement or hard copy certificates online here.

We do not routinely post out certificates but they can be provided on request for an additional cost cover postage and printing. The electronic copy can be verified online and does not unnecessarily consume further environmental resources like the printing and posting hard copies of certificates does.

How long does it take to get my certificate?

We email out certificates within 24 to 48 hours after you complete your practical course provided you have logged in and completed the online enrolment assessment process and have completed the practical assessments satisfactorily on the day. You will be advised by your trainer of any problems or re-assessment requirements. More information is available in the student handbook from the link in the footer of our website.

Do you run courses for mothers groups or new mums and parents?

Yes, we do this regularly and really as we feel it is an important service. Contact us and we will come to your place and help you out or look at our page about special courses for mothers and parents groups.

I had a bad emotional experience after treating someone or after attending a course who can I talk too?

You may have had a traumatic experience or training can sometimes trigger strong reflective experiences to past traumatic experiences. Realise and reach out for help.

We are not a counselling service nor do we pretend to have all the answers but if you need someone to talk to please call us if you would like to on 0413244994.

Common signs of distress that we can experience

The following lists are commonly expressed signs of distress. They are not meant to be comprehensive or diagnostic but rather helping us to recognise things within ourselves or others. Some may be due to reactions to a specific event a specific cause, while others may result from long-term factors.


  • looking pale or fatigued, sweaty
  • having breathing difficulties
  • muscular spasms
  • obvious intense pain
  • sleep problems, or falling asleep in unexpected circumstances
  • continual illness like colds and flu, feeling run down

Psychological and Emotional

  • being tearful, vague, confused and feeling anxious
  • panic attacks
  • irritability or unpredictable outbursts of anger
  • feeling agitated
  • displaying speech patterns that seem pressured, racing or confused
  • hard to feel happy about events
  • frequent negativity, life is getting you down


  • avoidance of tasks and withdrawing socially or verbally
  • poor self-care and neglected personal hygiene
  • being excessively demanding of others
  • increases in impulsive behaviour
  • talk of suicide or violent acts towards your self and/or others


  • Non-attendance, failure or missing deadlines
  • Not your usual quality of work
  • Difficult to concentrate or feel motivated
  • neglect of personal responsibilities and the day to day demands of life seem overwhelming

There are a lot of professional organisations or people you can talk to also. You could talk to your local Doctor and access services like

Lifeline 131114

Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636

SANE Australia depression facts podcast ( 4mins)

Do I have to do CPR on the floor?

CPR is a rigorous physical activity requiring you to compress the chest of a manikin downwards about a third of the chest depth continuously at 100 to 120 times a minute for a continuous period of 2 minutes. This requires a level of endurance, strength and fitness appropriate to this task. If you have current physical injuries, medical problems or limitations, please discuss this with your trainer. It is important that you don’t injure yourself or exacerbate an existing condition in training.

Enrolment in this type of training requires participants to provide details on any learning or physical difficulties which may impact on their training outcomes. This may include any language, literacy or numeracy issues.

Discuss any special needs with your assessor who may be able to make any required, reasonable adjustment to the assessments to meet these needs. Please note the requirements under physical activity below.

Please note to be deemed competent you must be physically able to perform the following (these requirements cannot be changed):

  • Uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an adult manikin placed on the floor
  • Uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a child manikin placed on the floor
  • Uninterrupted CPR infant manikin placed on a firm surface.

Please speak with us prior to assessment if you have any concerns.


How long is a First Aid certificate valid for?

HLTAID003 Provide First Aid is valid for 3 Years but the CPR component is only valid for 12 months so If it has been a year since you completed First Aid or CPR  training it is time to come along and book a new  CPR course to keep your skills current and up to date. The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends you renew your First Aid certificate every 12 months.

I need to do CPR training as well, do I need a separate course?

No, when you complete your First Aid training with us here at International Paramedic College we will issue you with a First Aid certificate valid for 3 years and a free CPR certificate valid for 12 months. You only need to complete our First aid Course and you will receive both nationaly rcognised qualifications HLTAID001 Provide CPR and HLTAID003 Provide First Aid.


I work with Children, what First Aid course do I need?

HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting is the fully accredited childcare first aid course specifically designed for parents, people working in the childcare and early childhood learning industry, teachers, or anyone who works with kids. This is a great qualification because, when we issue this to you we will also issue you a free first aid and CPR certificate, as this is a higher level qualification that covers the requirements for those 2 courses.

Learn childhood treatment of specific first aid for kids especially anaphylaxis and asthma treatments as well as common injuries and resuscitation for children. The Australian Children’s Education & Care Authority (ACECQA) has endorsed HLTAID004 as meeting their requirements for anaphylaxis, asthma, and first aid training. It covers a lot more than 22282VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace and 22099VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis

Some organisations choose to market what they offer differently and call it “Refresher First Aid” or something similar to make it seem like you are getting something special or different. You are not, it is, all the same qualification, HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or Childcare First Aid as we sometimes call it. We just call it what it is, simple as that. You can sign up for a Childcare First Aid course online here. It doesn’t matter if you have done one before, have an expired or current first aid certificate, it is all the one course, always has been and always will be.

Do I need to do a separate Asthma & Anaphylaxis Course?

Generally no, the Australian Children’s Education & Care Authority (ACECQA) has endorsed HLTAID004 as meeting their requirements for anaphylaxis, asthma, and first aid training.

Transfers and Refunds and Changes




Can I change my training day?

We realise adults have busy lives, our kids can get sick or those we need to care for need us. Life is busy for us also. We take the view that we are happy to change your course date for you if you let us know within a reasonable time frame before the before the date of your course. We have a payments refunds and cancellation policy you can read through. Course changes need to be done by email, not text or phone.

Can I transfer to another course date?

Yes, course transfer is allowed under certain conditions.
A transfer is not available to students who “fail to show” for the class or who do not give the required notice.

Our full policy is available here


Do you cancel courses?

No, courses run on the day they are advertised. We do not, like some training organisations cancel courses because it is not profitable for us. We take the view that you have given up and allocated your time and we should do the same.  We have backup staff in the case of illness and given we are not all struck down at the same time you should expect your course to go ahead as scheduled.

Can I get a refund?


Rememberer, we are happy to transfer you to another of our weekly courses for free. If you require a refund you should refer to our terms and conditions refunds policy. A link is available in the footer of our website. Any refund will not include the non-refundable admin booking fee.


Where can I lodge a complaint?

Please contact us and we can provide you with a copy of our formal complaints procedure. If you have a complaint. We can often fix any problem and will always try to resolve any problems in good faith?

We have spent a lifetime in the caring professions and we would sooner solve any problems from a position of goodwill. We do have a formal complaints procedure that can be accessed from the student handbook in the footer of this page or simply call our office on 0413 244 994 or contact us by email to help you solve any issues.

Returns, Refunds and Exchange of Products and Services

Can I return products I have purchased from you?

International Paramedic College conducts a fair and equitable refunds and exchange policy. We will provide refunds and exchange of goods and services in accordance with Australian consumer law and our policy terms and conditions of sale and refund policy. Our policy documents are available in the footer of this website.

Please contact us in the first instance to discuss any issues and we will try to resolve any problems you have.