Changes to First Aid Training Courses in 2021
Changes to the First Aid Training Package Update Approved
The Australian Government Skills Authority, (ASQA), the national regulator who oversees First Aid training is making some changes to First Aid courses. In 2021, these courses will be updated to reflect current regulations and industry requirements to ensure employers and the community that those who hold a Statement of Attainment has the skills and knowledge to be able to provide a First Aid response and sustain life in the event of an emergency.
The new changes in first aid should:
- Better reflect industry best practice and current regulation
- Ensured their scope and breadth are reflective of industry expectations
- Ensure specific areas, such as asthma and anaphylaxis are met
- Address the role of mental health support in the provision of First Aid.
These updates mean that there will be new course codes for the following first aid courses:
One Skill Set:
- HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set.
Eight Units of Competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources.
If you have a current valid qualification that you have completed, your certificate will remain fully recognised for its intended duration (until it expires, or you are required to take a refresher course)
As an example
- – HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation: Will remain recognised and valid for 12 months from the completion date on your certificate.
- – HLTAID003 Provide First Aid: Will remain recognised and valid for 3 years from the completion date on your certificate.
- – HLTAID004 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting: Will remain recognised and valid for 3 years from the completion date on your certificate.
When are the new first aid course codes due?
We are busy updating content right now. The official date that all new first aid units must be delivered is 16 October 2021.
BUY AN AED
Full range of AEDs at Warehouse prices. Buy your AED from the most trusted profession, not a sales team
AED GOLD VALUE PACKAGE
Value Package for Business, Charities, Sports groups or “adopt a defib” programs